Botswana is one of those African countries, where it worth to immigrate. This is a beautiful country, full of possibilities, peaceful and waiting for high skilled foreigners and investors.
The Republic of Botswana is a landlocked country in Southern Africa. It is one of the less populated countries of the world with a population of only two million. Botswana develops very fast. The main sectors of the economy are mining, cattle, and tourism.
The most relevant law, related to foreigners` work and immigration are the Botswana Labour and Immigration Laws and the Employment of Non-Citizens Act.
WHY SET UP YOUR BUSINESS IN BOTSWANA?
Botswana serves a great deal for business-driven people and provides all the necessary help to the business sector of its country. Botswana serves as the best place for business due to the following reasons:
- The government of Botswana offers 5-10 years of negotiable tax holiday package
- Foreign companies in Botswana have the privilege of full repatriation of profits and dividends
- International researchers have consistently ranked Botswana one of the world’s most corruptions-free countries
- Botswana’s top-level credit rating solidifies its economic outlook and fortifies its political reputation in the world
- One of the economic policies of Botswana is to attain a stable, low, and predictable level of inflation rate
- Rapid growth in the IT sector of the country is being seen the recent years
- Protection of investors and providing them a safe and accessible investing market has been a major motive of the Botswana government.
INCORPORATING IN BOTSWANA THROUGH ALMEGA
Prior company incorporation, Almega sends a service engagement letter plus quotation. Once received back and fees (POP) received, Almega will:
- Provide a list of all the required documents
- Provide a setup engagement project plan
- Help with company name proposal, corporate structure including directors and shareholders, reserve the proposed name, courier back to client for signing.
- Do company registration with CIPA.
- Help open a corporate bank account in Botswana.
- Obtain Tax Identification Number (TIN) from BURS and register for VAT where applicable.
- Lease agreement for place of operation, to be inspected by Health dept, Environmental dept & town planning, dept of area city council, to ensure compliance with minimum standards. Almega can help with office search.
- Apply for relevant licensing.
- Obtain trading license from City Council
- Register employees for workplace injury Insurance with appropriate authorities.
- Register applicants with relevant professional or regulatory bodies (Botswana Qualifications Authority, Engineers Registration Board, Ministry of Education for teachers, etc.)
- Register company for Labor clearance certificate
- Almega will gather all necessary information and submit applications for Investors Permits